Saturday 1 May 2010

Quite Determined!

I am quite determined to make May the best month of 2010 so far! There are some insecurities - that I cannot do anything about myself - but I'm really going to try and make things work out better than they have before.
Granted, some of the stuff (most of it??) that's been happening so far this year has been out of my control, but I also know there are a lot of things I could have handled differently ... so at least I'm going to make an effort at making this a GOOD month and ending the semester with as much optimism as I can!

Basically, things have just been going on and on and on here ... I had an oral exam on the Gospel of Mark the other week, but unfortunately I didn't do so well ...:( I still haven't gotten a grade on it, because the course involves a written part (that I'm doing right now) as well - but I have a feeling it wasn't exactly the best exam I had. Basically, it was the Greek text and a commentary, and I have gotten used to "my" Old Testament professor, I pretty much knows what he finds important, what he likes to discuss etc. so I took the same study approach to this exam - with another teacher. My mistake!! The text he asked me about was pretty much the text I had paid the least attention to .. *sigh* I guess I will pass - at least I hope so - but I don't think there's any chance of a higher grade ...:(

My Dad is still not doing well and of course that is something I think about! They still haven't given him a proper diagnosis, again proving my complete distrust in the Swedish Medical Care (sorry if anyone happens to work there, I know there are exceptions, but I haven't had that many positive experiences when it comes to Health Care ...), and apparently the medication he's been getting hasn't worked at all ... *sigh*
I'm planning a trip to visit him and his family - and my Mum - in about 3 weeks, and I'm very much looking forward to that. I left right after New Year's, so it's been ages since I saw them!

Basically things haven't been that great lately, and I haven't felt that great, which is why I've had no energy whatsoever for this blog. Now I am determined to try to change whatever I can change at least, and hopefully that will mean a more active blog as well! :)
Today I've mostly been catching up on domestic chores, I've fallen so much behind there. Still got some stuff left for tomorrow, but I'm also hoping to get pretty much done on the written part of my New Testament exam tomorrow, so I can finish it during the start of next week and hand it in.

Take care!

No comments: