Monday, 4 July 2011

The Flying Doctors





Those of you who have know me quite a long time know that some ten to fifteen years ago I was totally, and I mean TOTALLY, into the Australian TV show "The Flying Doctors". For a number of years I ran a fairly successful website about the show, and I even met one of the actors, Christopher Stollery in 2001!
As time went by, my interest sort of cooled off a little. I still think it's an amazing TV show, but I'm quite as hooked on it as I was back then.

When I received the Honorary Diploma for extraordinary achievements within SI my Mum decided to give me the entire Flying Doctors DVD Set, containing all 9 seasons!!!! Such an amazing gift!!!!!
I've watched the first two seasons so far, and I'm quickly realizing why I was so taken by this show earlier! I'm actually even thinking of bringing my old website back to life again, although that will be a long term project, and I'm not giving any guarantees at all!!

10 comments:

The Darkest Night said...

Wow!! What an amazing gift!! :-) I have most of the episodes recorded off TV, but that box sure looks lovely!!!

I do hope you'll bring back your website some day..it was awesome!

Jessica said...

Yeah, I know!!! I was SO thrilled! :) I have recorded most of the episodes as well, but my VCR:s aren't great and it's such a procedure to watch any videos these days, I hardly ever do ...
I really has found a new interest in the show after getting the DVD box - and I am actually seriously thinking about bringing back the website, though I have no idea how I'll find the time to do it ... *oops*

Dakota said...

What a great gift!! The box looks awesome! I'm so happy for you! :)

Jessica said...

Thanks Dakota!
Yeah, I'm really happy about it ... doing a FD marathon now, I have watched the first three seasons since I got back home ... only six more seasons left! *LOL*

Ebay Clone Software said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Ebay Clone

Buy Items said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Online Shopping

E-Learning Software India said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Online E-Learning Software

GPS Bike Tracker said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Car Tracking System

Vehicle Tracking System In India said...

Hi,
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing information!
GPS Navigation Device

Pay Per Minute Video Chat Software said...

Hi,
We have an site, Which offers you the Best Pay Per Minute Webcam Script solution. Our Pay-Per-Minute Webcam Software charges by the minute to build your Webcam Site much easier in such little time. Choose our unique Pay Per Minute Video Webcam Chat Script for a better platform to your Webcam Site.

Thanks
Pay Per Minute Video Chat Script