Monday 30 August 2010

A Good Day (and an injury)!

The official start of the semester today, and I have to say it was a good one! :)
I did get off to a bit of a slow start, so I wasn't at Uni until about 10 in the morning - but I got started on covenant theology pretty much straight away. I notice I've been away from it a while, because I have a very hard time concentrating, and I end up getting very tired - but I also know that is something you can train yourself to get better at, so I guess I just have to hang in there, right?! :)

During the afternoon I met quite a few friends at the Department, and it's nice catching up with everyone after the summer - though there's a fair bit of confusion generally, about education systems and courses and programmes ... so I guess I'm not the only one having problems! :)

I had a meeting with my professor at 3.30, and I was quite nervous about it. I felt I had to talk to him about this whole mess about what I'm supposed to take now - and since that's not really his field of expertise it felt a bit weird going to him ... and I also had to discuss the master's thesis - which I was nervous about as well!
And I have to say this meeting went REALLY well!! First of all, I got full support in regards to the courses. We talked it through pretty thoroughly and it seemed he felt just like me! *amazing* He definitely thought I would take this one more step, so now I'm going to email another man at the Department. We've been in touch, but it seems he hasn't quite understood what I mean and I haven't understood him either ... not good! Now I'm hoping for an appointment, so we can talk this through and hopefully sort it out once and for all! And with any luck, I can take an advanced New Testament course instead! *me want!*

After that we discussed my thesis, and that went really well too! I usually find it VERY difficult to do the background reading, I never know what to read, what to focus on, I'm hopeless with planning etc. and we solved that in a really great way. My professor outlined exactly what the background check was supposed to focus on, we set a meeting in a few weeks and until then I have to have a prepared paper with the background! That's just terrific, I know what to do and when and we can have a constructive decision about it!

I'm really happy with this day, though, of course, a bit nervous about the next step. I haven't sent the email yet, but I'm going to have to do it later tonight!

when I had gotten home and had some dinner, I managed to - kind of! - repair my bike! I have recently started riding it again, after something like 10 years (it's almost like learning it again!!), and even though my Dad helped me get it in a bit better shape, I realized the handlebar had shifted a lot now, making it almost impossible for me to use the breaks - not good, right!?! I actually fixed it - yay me!!! - but ended up cutting my left hand afterwards. I think it looks worse than it is, and I usually heal pretty fast, but it was a bit annoying!
Still, I'm so happy about the outcome of this day, I don't mind! :)

No comments: