Monday 1 March 2010

Seems To Be Okay!

Lunch

I had an appointment at the Health Care Centre this morning, and while I really really really HATE it, I was somewhat looking forward to it. Ever since my last visit, on Friday, I have been experiencing a lot of pain - more than before - and I was a bit worried about that. Apparently had my friends worried too ... thanks for caring, everyone!! :)

It was a mess at the Centre, it was sooo busy and they couldn't find me in the computer and it was just weird, but after a while I got to see the nurse I saw the first time I came in. She's really good, and after the not-so-good one last time, I was very relieved.
The bandages had gotten stuck in the wound, so it took quite a while to get them off, the last bit she practically had to rip off - which hurt, and bled, quite a lot. But she did assure me it looked fine and was not infected, and that is after all the main thing. Even I could see that it had begun to heal now, even though parts of it still look really awful!
I asked her about a qualified guess at a prognosis, and she said that if it continues to heal like this - and doesn't get infected - maybe about two weeks! I wasn't that thrilled about it, because than it will have been almost a month (!), but there's nothing I can do about it, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I went straight from the Health Care Centre to Uni - but the trains were delayed and cancelled and some tracks were closed for maintenance (!!!), so it took quite a while to get there.
I'm here now - yay! :) - and I've managed to print some materials for the mentor meeting this afternoon and for the post graduate/research seminar tomorrow (though I still haven't decided if I should go or not) - and now I'll try to fix some coffee and stuff for the mentor meeting.
At 1.15 there's the Old Testament lecture, and we'll have the mentor meeting right after that!

Becuase of the problems with the trains, I'm still not sure when I'll be able to go home, I'll leave Uni straight after the mentor meeting, but there were a lot of northbound trains that were cancelled, so I'm not sure what the situation will be ... guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! :)

Hope you're all having a great start of the week!

No comments: