Sunday, 17 October 2010

Intense Day!

Yesterday was quite long and intense - but really good! :)
I went to Gothenburg to meet with my Dad and his family - they have actually bought a new car (brand new, 2010 year model!!) by phone (*lol*) and had to pick it up there!

I left home at 5.45 a.m. - YAWN!! Went by bus first, then had to wait about half an hour for another bus, heading for Gothenburg. The trip went well, I managed to get about an hour of sleep and a bit more than that of studying! :)
We arrived a little early in Gothenburg, but I only had to wait about 10 minutes before the train arrived and I met my Dad and his family!! The girls had really grown a lot, even though it's "only" been about 2½ months since I saw them last. M had lots to show me, things she had done in school, and I talked basically non-stop, despite the fact that she had a pretty severe cold.

We had to wait for about 20 minutes, but then the car salesman actually came in a great big car (Dodge) to pick us all up, since the car store was a bit outside of town. It was cool riding in such a big car, that easily fitted three adults and two kids, in children's seats! :)
Once we got there we checked out the new car first, of course - and it really looks amazing! Naturally there were lots of questions to be answered, papers to sign etc. so I took the kids while my Dad and C got that sorted out - and then we could leave with the car.

I was quite nervous, it being SO new, but it was lovely to ride in it, and according to my Dad, it was really nice to drive as well! :) We'd gotten a road description to a place to eat, so we went straight for lunch as none of us had eaten since very early that morning.
It was quite a nice place and we had a pleasant meal together, but unfortunately I wasn't feeling great (she was on medication the entire day). The girls got to play a little in a nearby playing ground before we headed back toward the city.
They dropped me off pretty close to the central station (my Dad didn't want to drive in the middle of everything, so we picked a spot we both new), and then they headed north.

I took a walk to the central station, but realized I had nearly 3 hours until my bus left, and I was in NO mood to wait around for 3 whole hours!!
I tried checking out other buses (even though I already had a ticket for the later bus, I figured it was worth it, if I could get a decent-prized ticket earlier), but had no luck. Decided to check out the trains as well, even though I figured they'd be more expensive. I got lucky though and found a really cheap train ticket, for a train that left at 3.30!! I had one change, but was still home about 6.45, which felt great!

I didn't sleep well tonight though, so I've been really sluggish all day today, and haven't gotten much done at all. I took a walk in the afternoon, thinking that would make me feel better, and while it was a great walk, I made some mistakes with some buses and it ended up taking much longer than I thought it would - and I ended up being even more tired.

I really need to start giving 100% and more from tomorrow, as things are starting to be really stressful right now! I am however, quite worried about it, since my energy levels are SO low right now! I think I could easily sleep 18 hours a day ... not good! And while I can sit and stare at books 24/7 - if I'm so tired I don't even see the letters, what's the point?

Ah well, I guess all I can do is give it my all and hope for the best, right?! :)


The Darkest Night said...

Glad you had a nice (but busy) day! :-) Did you see the Gothenburg wheel btw?

Good luck with your studies!

Jessica said...

Thanks! :) Yes, I did see it! :) Looked pretty cool, even though I basically only got a glance of it! :)

The Darkest Night said...

cool :-)