Sunday 12 September 2010

25,000 Visitors!!

YAY! We did manage to reach 25,000 visitors even before the blog anniversary - I'm really happy so many people are reading my blog, even though updates have been a bit scarce now!

This week was actually really tough, hence the no blogging. Monday was definitely the worse, and well - I really don't want to get into it right now! Some of what happened will have short-term consequences, other things will have long-term ... and I just felt terrible all week. Yesterday was also a pretty crappy day, but I'm hoping things will start to change now.

I'm sorry to say that because of this week, most of my motivations is gone ... for basically everything! My professor has an amazing ability to get me supermotivated, and I was after having to talked to him a while back. Now ... not so much!
I know I don't have the option to sit back and just let things happen until I'm feeling better, but I'm hoping to achieve some sort of "apathetic constructivism", where I can get things done just on routine, mechanically, without paying so much attention to what it is I'm doing. I'm not really fond of it, because I tend to get better results if I am involved, engaged and motivated by what I do - but now it's either do it mechanically or not do it at all ...

As of now, I don't have anything specific planned for next week (though the week after that will be worse!), but I'm hoping I can see Jessica again - we haven't seen each other in AGES and I really hope we can plan something, that would be great!! Other than that, it's the master's thesis that will be on my mind 24/7 basically. I pretty much have to write a paper that covers the current research on a major issue in about a week, so I hope I can spend as much time as possible at Uni - even though I right now feel like just taking a trip far far away and don't come back in a great long while ... ah well ...

2 comments:

The Darkest Night said...

Sorry to hear you had bad week *hugs*
Congratulations on the 25 000 visitors though! Way cool!

Jessica said...

Thanks sis ... yeah, hoping next week will be better!
And it is nice to see the blog is getting visitors still ...:)