Friday 21 August 2009

No Weird Photo ...

... but a beautiful one, right? :)





Anyway, this week has been pretty intense, and the fact that I haven't felt so great has made it feel even more insane! I hardly even know where to start!

Well, first of all, my exam has been postponed, so now I'm taking it on September 2nd instead. If you feel up to it, send a good-luck-thought my way, will you? This will be the last Reading Course I take in Hebrew, as you only can take four (and this is my fourth). Would be nice to get a good grade on the last one ...
Then there's construction work going on outside (as seen in the last two entries!). They are going to swap our windows, and they have to do outside construction work first. We haven't been told anything about when they are coming to our apartments, or how long it will take, and that does have me worried. I'm not home THAT much these days, and having Zorro ... well, it's not easy, is it! They said we would get a notice 1½ weeks before, and I really hope that's true, because at least that will give me time to try and arrange something.

As if that's not enough, the company who owns the buildings are planning a MASSIVE renovation of every bathroom, tearing it all out and doing them over, including ALL the plumming (to the kitchen as well). I went to the first information meeting the other day, and whoa ... it's a HUGE deal! They don't know a lot yet, they hope to get starting in January next year, but no one knows when they will come here ... also, I can't live here with Zorro, and there are no evacuation apartments available, they go to people with health issues. Which I can understand, I really do, although I can't help feeling it puts me on the spot. I really don't have any place to go here, with Zorro, so they are basically forcing me out of my apartment, which means having to leave Uni and all and live in the summerhouse for about a month!
But, like I said, we still don't know much, so I guess I'll just have to take it easy and see what happens!

I've been at Uni a couple of days this week, and I have to say I have mixed feelings. It's hard coming back after summer break, because it feels like I live one life during the summer, where I am one person, and when I'm here, during the semesters at Uni, I am a completely different person. And trying to find one after having been the other for over two months is difficult!
On the other hand, I REALLY like it here. Not only where I live, my apartment, but I really like being at Uni, at "my" Department! I've already met several friends - and a few teachers - and I really feel like I belong there. People know me, I know them, the social interaction works out so well, it's almost scary! But I am VERY grateful!
On the third hand (is that even an expression??), I find it difficult to be disciplined enough to cope with my studies! I do want to get a good result on this exam, but I don't have all the time in the world, and I find it really hard concentrating for a longer time ... which is quite frustrating!!

What else has been going on?
Well, the last thing we did in the summerhouse this summer was tear out the bathroom as we were having it redone. Well, my Dad and his family are there now, and apparently it seems to be working now. They have put in the toilet, basin and shower, fixed the plumbing and it seems to be working fine! *phew*

Also heard that the husband of one of my close friends are in hospital, which makes me worried. I heard he wasn't feeling well, but I didn't think he'd go to hospital. I really hope he'll get well soon!

Things ARE intense, I'm also trying to be up-to-date online (though I'm still lacking in some areas, I know), checking out forums, being active on Facebook, updating blogs etc.
And - apart from studying - I'm also doing a complete clean-up in my apartment, going through every closet (I have five), almost all the book shelves (six of them at least) etc, so I'm feeling quite busy at the moment!

Wow, I'm not sure this entry made any sense whatsoever ... *lol* Anyway, the idea was to say I'm really busy and I have a lot of stuff going on. I'm not so disturbed by that, though there are a few things I'd really like to see work out - first and foremost my studies (there's also a major confusing regarding this semester, but I'll have to save that for another entry!), but also this whole deal about changing the windows. I hope it works out smoothly ...

I hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

The Darkest Night said...

very pretty (non-weird) photo! :-)

Agh..sounds annoying about the renovation! I mean even if it's probably great once it's done I can understand that it's a big problem to have to leave your home for such a long time! (I was annoyed enough when they changed some pipes here last year and they turned off the water for almost a week)....

Jessica said...

Yeah, I mean, I know they have to do it, the buildings are about 50 years old and the plumbing isn't good - but I had my bathroom redecorated in April and I'm really happy with it ... and now I won't be able to keep it.
And I can't help but feeling a bit upset at the fact that because I choose to have a pet they pretty much force me out of my apartment! (Those who stay will have to be without their plumbing for AT LEAST three weeks, it will be about 10-15 apartments (could be more) sharing three bathrooms and one shower ... sound good? NO! And the compensation we get is a JOKE ... so I'm not that thrilled about the whole thing!

Dakota said...

*Sending you tons of good luck thoughts!!*

Jessica said...

Thanks Dakota! :D