Wednesday 20 September 2006

A Strange Day To Start A Blog!

Yes, I suppose one can say it is a strange day to start a blog on, particularly as I had no intentions what-so-ever to start a new blog today, and fact is, I actually started two! But I guess I'd better start at the beginning.

Things have been going very up-side-down in my life generally for the last couple of weeks. It has felt more or less like I've been going on a roller-coaster, one minute going up, the next minute going down.
Generally though, things seems to start going up again, and nobody is more greatful for that, than me! I still have problems with the social situation at Uni, for example, but after the end of last week, I still felt like I might have started an embryo of something. I didn't have that feeling of total alienation, which has been very common before, I feel like I'm part of a group now, even though I realize there will be problems if (I guess I should rather say 'when') we come to group-projects, something which I well and truly dread! Still, I'll try not to think to far ahead!

Today promised to be a good day, I had no lectures and I have just recovered from a cold, which has kept me more or less in bed for a few days, so my intentions were high to say the least. Unfortunately, the whole day managed to fly by and it feels like I've gotten nothing done at all - which always annoys me a great deal!! I know I am the only one to blame for it, of course, but it still really really bothers me. Due to me having been sick a lot (which is new to me, I hardly ever get physically ill!) the past weeks, I'm behind on everything : cleaning, laundry, the internet, studies ... you name it, and I haven't done it!
I really feel I need to catch up on pretty much everything in order to feel good about myself again ... but not today ....

I tried to fix some stuff on the internet too ... which of course didn't work out. My previous blog went totally bad, as you've probably noticed, since I have a new one now ... I tried to fix it for about an hour, before I completely gave up, and decided to start this one instead!! However, I did actually succeed in one thing at least - I have created a second blog!!
I have realized for some time now, that I seem to come across some wonderful poems, or terrific quotes, or fantastic lyrics ... and I just don't know what to do with them! So now I've created a new blog, which is called Great Lyrics! where I will share all of them with you! Naturally I try to also tell you a bit about where the song/poem/quote etc came from, so you can put it a little more in context! You'll find the blog at:
http://great-lyrics.blogspot.com/
I hope you'll enjoy it!

I'm also trying to plan a trip later this fall, which turns out to be easier said than done. I'm planning to visit my families in Karlstad, but I want to combine that with a day trip to Oslo to see the International Tour of Chess, with Ramin Karimloo and Michael McCarthy ... and while being in Karlstad trying to see the Best of West End show ... but trying to get all that to work together - along with my Dad and his family, and my Mom, and Zorro - let's just say it isn't easy!

On a last note - please remember that neither this, nor my Great Lyrics!-blog are "finished", I will still add some photos, links etc ... but I still felt that when I well and truly messed up the only "real" blog I had before, I sort of had to get started on this one!

Hope to see you soon!

No comments: