Sunday 15 June 2008

Relaxing - Yeah, Right!

I did get a day and a half to relax after this semester, of which I am very greatful, but it certainly looks like that was it! :)

Yesterday was a very intense day - I got up at about 4 a.m. and took a bus at 6. I arrived in Gothenburg about 10, and walked around there for about an hour before my Dad called. He'd had some problems finding a decent parking space, there was some big deal going on at the big arena in town, Ullevi, and we usually park just oposite it. There were some discussions and walking here and there, but we finally figured out, the space he found was okay and I was going to find my way out of town! :) We had lunch together which was really nice, but I could helped but feel a little stressed and nervous about the drive. (I haven't driven at all since January 3rd, and now I would start in the 2nd biggest city in Sweden ...)
We said good-bye about 12.40 p.m (his train would leave at 1), and I walked a different way to the car, to check out more precisely how I would drive. And when I got to Ullevi (right before 1 o'clock) I found out that it would be "Moster Jam" there ... at 2!!!! The entire are was crowded to say the least ... most of them were 6-12 year-old-boys! *gulp* That didn't make me feel any better, but at least I knew exactly how to drive to get out.

And it turned out better than I had hoped, everything worked super-smoothly. I did end up behind a weird-acting towing truck, and at a trafic light some boys wasn't very quick to get over, so they were still in the middle of the street when my light turned green! I was obseravnt ('cause I was really nervous), but the guy in the car next to mine just set off, so that gave me a little scare (turned out okay though!)...

It's all highway from Gothenburg down here, but after a while I got totally sleepy. I had hoped not to take any breaks, but I could hardly keep my eyes open, so I had to find an exit. My Dad had kindly enough left a little coffee in the car, so gulped all of it down in about 2 second - and bought a coke (yay for caffeine!!), and then I was good to go again.

I came home about 3 p.m. and I was really tired. I should have gotten started with cleaning and such, but everything happened in slow motion and I didn't get much done.

Today is the big cleaning-day - though I'm having one of those days when everything you do turns out wrong! I totally have to finish today too, because Kajsa is coming over tomorrow so it'll have to be done by then! I'm really looking forward to meeting here, it's been ages now!!
I have managed to do some general cleaning, update my blogs, doing a bunch of laundry and some shopping - but I still have a lot left ... so I guess I'd better get on with it, right?! ;)

I've updated Cogito, Ergo Sum! today, and I have a few other entries in my head, I'm hoping to be able to write them tonight! :)

---------------------------------------
My Life At The Moment!
Currently reading: It, Stephen King
Currently watching: Stargate SG-1, season 7 0
Currently listening to: Nothing
My Plans for tomorrow: Fetching some papers at Uni, meeting Kasja, start packing

No comments: