Friday 20 March 2009

Fun And Frustration!

The title pretty much mirrors my mood right now! I've gone into almost full study mode - will go into complete study mode tomorrow - and it feels both fun and frustrating! Fun in the way that I actually DO enjoy what I'm doing, I'm fascinated by everything I'm studying and that is a very cool feeling!
The frustrating part comes from working with Hebrew text. I enjoy that a lot, I find a satisfaction in analysing and sorting out everything, finding the specifics of every little word ... but when I can't work it out, I'm completely stuck! I know the idea of these courses are that you're taking them alone and not in a group, but that makes me frustrated. I have no one to talk to, no one to get any input from, or to discuss with, and that means that if I can't find a word or a form of it, there's nothing I can do ... And that is frustrating!

Apart from this, my mood seem to be better now than earlier, which is really great. I think Wednesday was the turning point, and I'm very grateful for that, since I really DO NOT have time to get stuck with a depression right now ...

Now I'm hoping to really set my mind to going in full-study-mode starting tomorrow morning ... which for me basically means a completely disrupted day-routine. I have managed to master the art of power naps, which I haven't coped with before, so full-study-mode is me studying until I can't keep my eyes open, then take a power nap for anything between 15 minutes and 1 hour, then study until I collapse - sleep for 15 minutes to 1 hour, keep studying ... etc. etc. until it's time for the exam!
So that's basically my plan right now, I hope I can keep it up until Thursday - with the complete exception of Tuesday, when I have an OT lecture, a mentor meeting and have to work on my essays ...

Now I'm off to bed, getting a full night's sleep for the last time in a while ... :)
Take care!

No comments: