Friday 28 November 2008

A Tribute!




August 1994 - November 2008

While this might sound silly to you, this entry will be a tribute to my Mother's car, she had to take it to the car dump yesterday to have it destroyed! :(
She and I both know that it's a "thing", but this car has had a special meaning to us both, and she's had it for 14 years, so it's quite a big thing to get rid of it!
I spend a lot of my "learning-to-drive" years in this car (and boy could we tell some stories *lol*), and after that we've had lots of laughs in here on various trips! However, a car does have a limited lifetime (don't we all!), and for the last year or so, it hasn't been completely trustworthy. Added to that, the question of economics - after all, you can't put too much money on a car that's so old - I think my Mum made the right decision!
But it's still tough, I won't deny it!

I don't think I've quite grasped it yet, as I live so far away, but I guess I will be made painfully aware when I come up for Christmas holidays!

Anyway, this is a tribute to "EKU:n" (which is the unofficial name of the car *smile*), and to all the GREAT times it's given us! You will be missed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dearest dear

Thank you for the tribute, a lot of good memories came into my mind.

Jessica said...

Hey!
I know it came a day late, but better late than never, right?! :)
And I TOTALLY agree on the memories!!