Saturday 8 September 2007

Wasted Time!

Today feels more or less like a complete waste of time! *sigh*
I have soooo much stuff I need to do and think about and work out and fix and whatnot, and I don't have time to waste, so I'm a bit frustrated right now.

Among everything else, I have for a long time thought about getting Zorro a new "climbing-toy-thingy" (yeah, like anyone is going to figure out what I mean! Check out the picture instead! *lol*), because as you can see, his old one isn't in the best shape! I found out this place that had them for half price on sale, so I decided to go. Unfortunately I can't take the bus all the way there, it's about 15 minutes walk from the nearest bus stop. I didn't let that stop me, I went, and bought the last one they had (!) and started walking! I quickly realized that there was no easy way to carry this package (it was in little pieces of course, but still quite heavy) in order not to drop the little pieces inside of it, or break it! I finally made it to the bus stop, soaking in sweat, only to realize that I've just missed the bus. I "only" had to wait for 20 minutes, but they sure felt like long minutes at the time!

Finally I got home and started putting this thing together! I suppose it did work out, but it's not very stable! Instead it's rather shaky and feels quite insecure. I was supposed to put the old one out on the balcony so Zorro could use it there, get up a bit and get a better view of what was going on. I needed some plastic to wrap it, for when it rains, and I was sure I had some here. Yeah right!! Apparently, I didn't - so I had to rush out to the nearest store to get it. When I got home, the plastic was really too small ... *SIGH* ... I managed to make it work somehow anyway - and then I realized I would have a problem with the balcony carpet (don't have the energy to explain it, sorry), so I had to try to figure out how to avoid completely ruining the carpet - and ended up more or less cutting it in two ...

All of this has taken up most of the day, meaning not much else has happened - and I sooo don't have time for that!! I need to be efficient more or less 24 hours a day now!!
On top of all that, Zorro isn't the least bit interested in his new "toy", I have placed him on it twice, but I think it's a bit too unstable, because he more or less jumps right off it again ... *sigh* Hopefully he'll get used to it, and starts using it a bit more often in the future. I know my Dad can help make it more stable (he did to the old one as well), but my Dad won't come here before Christmas - it might be even later than that, so hopefully Zorro starts using it anyway!

As you can see here, Zorro is much more interested in sitting on his old thing out on the balcony and check out what the neighbours - and the birds!! - are up to! *lol* Guess it's a good thing he enjoys that at least!

I do sincerely hope that I can get a better day tomorrow! I need to prepare for next week, both in practical matters and on an emotional level, if I'm going to get through it all - so I hope I won't have another wasted day tomorrow!

Take care!

---------------------------------------
My Life At The Moment!
Currently reading: ---
Currently watching: The X-Files Season 2
Currently listening to: Les Misérables, Brazil Cast
My Plans for tomorrow: Pretty much everything: studies, cleaning, laundry ... and more!

No comments: