Wednesday 15 August 2007

Thoughts on the Future!

Well, I thought I'd make a post with general thoughts on what lies ahead, before getting back to posting on a [hopefully] daily basis!

Right now I'm a bit frustrated actually! I have one exam left from last semester, which I'm hoping to take now, before this semester starts. But that seems to be impossible. I've been trying to email people like crazy, in order to find out when and where it is, and also register for the exam. Everybody I talk to tells me to email the teacher who had the course last semester, and trust me, I have!! The only problem is, he doesn't reply!!
I try to study anyway - although it's hard to get back into it, and be really disciplined, but I can't help feeling that it would be somewhat easier if I knew when the exam will actually happen.

When the semester starts, I'm in for two somewhat strange courses (they are called 'läskurser'). You meet with a tutor and decide on a subject you want to learn more about. Then you get 4-5 weeks to learn as much as possible about that subject and than you have an oral exam (as well as handing in a paper, I think). I have never taken a course like that, so I'm a bit nervous about it ... also becuase I don't quite know what I want to focus on ... and I have a feeling it's mostly up to me to decide on that ...
I try not to think about it too much now, I have my hands full on coping with this exam at the moment!

I know that last semester was very tough on me, I felt awful and it felt like I was caught in a terrible whirlwind and I couldn't get out of it, no matter how hard I tried. I have spent numerous hours thinking about last semster, and I think I have figured out what it was that went wrong, and why, so I'm really hoping that it will not be the same this semester ....

Well, I hope to be able to write frequently here, even when I have my hands full with this and that. And I will celebrate one year-anniversary with this blog on 20 September, and we can't miss that, right?! ;)

---------------------------------------
My Life At The Moment!
Currently reading: Europa Blues
Currently watching: The X-Files, Season 3
Currently listening to: Madicken, Astrid Lindgren
My Plans for tomorrow: STUDIES!

No comments: