Friday 9 January 2009

A New 'Family Member'!

Yes, fact of the matter is you are reading a very special blog entry right now. I am writing it from my new laptop, my new little darling! *lol* What is so extraordinary about that is that I really don't have an internet connection for the laptop, I have to get a 'mobile broadband' (I haven't the slightest clue if these are actually correct terms in English, or if I'm only making some homemade translation, but I'm totally new to all this and don't know too much about it), but I haven't yet. I'm using a cable on my stationary computer and I did manage to get the laptop hooked up to the cable and now I'm surfing - yay!! This switching of the cable between my two computers will have to last for a while though, so I'm going to try to figure out some way of solving that, so it doesn't take me an hour every time I want to switch it ... Guess that will be my task for this evening! :)

I'm VERY happy with my new computer, I got it for Christmas from my parents, and it feels wonderful to have a computer I can actually take to Uni! I won't do much other than write essays the upcoming year or so, in various sizes, and I wouldn't be able to write them all by hand first only to type them up when I get home, so it's going to be great to have this baby with me at Uni and type it directly! :)

I don't have a picture of the marvel just yet, but I will get one as soon as I can and post it, so you can see for yourself! *lol*

EDIT: A few hours later



Here's my darling! *lol* Okay, I know I'm exaggerating, but I can't help it. It hasn't really been a great day today, but I'm very happy I got my computer working, with internet, and I have sort of made a workable solution for the whole cable dilemma. It's not great at all, but I know it's only going to be temporary - for a few months - and I guess that's the main thing, right?! :)

No comments: