Sunday 28 September 2008

Back Again?

I have been feeling a lot better today than in a long time, which has been great!
I actually started feeling better yesterday, but for some reason, I didn't get anything done, and that annoyed me a great deal - so even if my health was better, my mood was rather foul. Today both of them are better! :)

I got some cleaning done this morning - and some Greek sentences! At noon I met Lena, we went to a ... I guess the best translation I can think of is "second-hand store", but they had some pretty fantastic things there - huge furniture, really old stuff (felt almost like being in a museum), old records and everything you can think of. They had a lot pianos there, and I really miss mine ... *sigh* I know I can't keep it here, there would be no way I'd be able to play anyway - but I really miss it ...
We went back here and had a chat and some coffee - and some Zorro-cuddling-time of course! :) I had a great time, and I'm noticing more and more how much I enjoy "talking theology"! *lol* I have known for quite some time that I have a genuine interest in the subject, but it becomes so much more evident when you discuss it. We have taken at least some of the same courses, and have the same general knowledge about things, which makes it very easy to discuss and check out different angles and ideas!

When Lena went home to study for her exam (Good Luck in Advance!!), I realized I had neglected shopping for a while, so I had to make an emergency-outing to the grocery store. Did manage to study some Greek grammar on the way though!
Had dinner when I got home, and have since tried to prepare sentences for tomorrow! While I can make the sentences work - I hope! - I have been very very tired tonight, so I haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped. Still, we have lectures at 10 tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get a few hours in tomorrow morning as well ...

The beginning of next week will be pretty intense for me. Tomorrow we have lectures 10-12 and at 3 there is a major educational information-meeting with our student councellor, and I have to (and want to!) attend ... since the Swedish University system has undergone some major changes to adapt to the European University system, things have turned out complicated to say the least! I have no idea how long this information will last, but at least I know I won't be home until rather late. (In between 12 and 3 I have to work seriously on my essay ... which I have neglected far too much!)
Tuesday is even worse ... yet another "Terrible Tuesday" I suppose! Greek lectures 8-10, then a mentor meeting 10-11. At 11.15 there's a lecture from the Bishop, on Theology and Science in the Postmodern Era (or something to that affect), and I'd really love to go to it. I've never gone to lectures such as that before, so I'm a little nervous ... but than again, if they advertise it at the Departmet, it has to be open for everyone, right?! :)
Then I have to continue working on my essay in the library, and 4-6 I have the optional essay-writing course - meaning I won't be home until 7.30 ... *yikes*
And after that there are Greek lectures 8-10 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday ...

I know it's only 8 p.m. but I'm gonna try to wind down and get to bed really early - I'm sooooo tired, there's really no point in trying to get anything more done tonight!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Today's Blog Dedication: To Storsmulan, who's had a rotten day today! Hang in there!! *hugs*

---------------------------------------
My Life At The Moment!
Currently reading: Diamonds are Forever, Ian Fleming
Currently watching: Stargate Atlantis, season 1
Currently listening to: Nothing
My Plans for tomorrow: Lectures, information meeting, essay work, studies (see above)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your dedication, I so needed it and I will surely have a better night's sleep with this dedication in mind than I would have without it.
Storsmulan

Jessica said...

Aw, I'm so glad it helped!
Know that I've been thinking of you lots and lots and I really hope you'll feel better!!!
*HUGS*