Thursday 11 September 2008

Making A Decision!

Yes, I actually made the decision to skip Uni today. And before you all start shouting that I'm crazy, I did think this through first! :)
First and foremost, I have been completely exhausted, pretty much since the very intense Tuesday - and I could hardly get out of bed at 4 a.m. this morning ... Second, I knew there wouldn't be any new stuff today, our teacher clearly stated that we will start the next chapter tomorrow, so all we did yesterday (and all they, I assume, did today) was go through sentences. Of course, it's always good to be there for that as well, you get explanations and can figure out where and why you did something wrong - but it's nothing compared to when new stuff is presented. Thirdly, we're going to have a little "test", or "mini-exam" (hard to find an English term that explains it), tomorrow morning, before starting on the next chapter, and since I've missed some parts now, I felt it important to try and work through them properly.

I guess those are my reasons ... I always feel bad when I'm not going to a scheduled lecture, and so I did today, but I don't feel really terrible, because if you're ever going to be able to skip a lecture, this is the kind you really can skip! I certainly don't mean to make a habit of it - and I know it's important to be there for these kinds of lectures as well ... but today I just didn't make it.

I have gotten a lot of studying done - though there's always more you can do! But I'm getting used to that! :) My hand is getting totally sore - already!! - which is a bit annoying. I need to write a lot, and if I start feeling pain after only 2 weeks, I wonder what the rest of the semester will be like! I know there are "wrist-supports", I've tried buying them, but they don't really help me, because it's not really my wrist that hurts, it's more on top of my hand and in my finger joints - and if I try to get something on there, I won't be able to move hand, or write, at all - so that certainly doesn't work.
Ah well - I've survived before, I guess I will this time too! :)

Now I'm gonna get back to Greek nouns and adjectives. Fun, heh?!

---------------------------------------
My Life At The Moment!
Currently reading: The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown
Currently watching: Stargate SG-1, season 10
Currently listening to: Nothing
My Plans for tomorrow: Lectures, watching 'Stargate: The Ark of Truth, studies

4 comments:

The Darkest Night said...

I think that makes sense.....
good luck with your studies!

Jessica said...

Aw, thanks! :)
I'm in total study mode now, since we're having weekly tests on Friday ... I think it's a good way to know if you're keeping up or not - but it's very stressful the night before!

The Darkest Night said...

yeah I can imagine that...does sound like a good thing to have a test every week though.

Jessica said...

Yeah, I think it's going to be really helpful, especially when the exam gets closer and closer, to know if you're keeping up with your studies the way you should!