Wednesday 3 September 2008

Too Long A Day!

A short blog entry, as I'm about to die from exhaustion ... at least it feels that way right now.
Today has been far too long, and I feel that my mood and inspiration are failing now, so I'm actually hoping to be in bed by about 9 p.m. - which I think would be a good thing. Previous nights it's been around 11 ... and then about an hour until I fall asleep, and I have to get up at 4 a.m. - and that doesn't work out in the end ...

Today has been rather strange, actually - some things not great at all, some things pretty cool! So, as usual, I feel mostly confused! :)
Lectures was okay, I think I am getting the stuff, but there are a lot of preparations to make, and the speed is pretty remarkable. So far, it's moving way faster than Hebrew (we're reading, translating and analysing sentences that are over 10 words long!!), although I'm not sure that will last. Hebrew was a bit slow on the up-take, mostly because it takes a long time to get used to the alphabet, the fact that there aren't any vowels - except there are vowels! - and that you're reading from right to left instead of the opposite ... But once that was out of the way, things moved really fast. Guess I'll have to see how Greek will evolve too.
Also, I'm having some issues regarding lectures - I can go into some of them, though not all, later on, when I'm not falling off my chair - so that part has been a bit difficult to deal with today.

Upsides were "study-date" with Lena. I do like to call it a study-date because it sounds SO good ... but if somebody should start question how much study go into it, I would probably just blush. Tends to be a lot of talking and a lot of laughing and a lot of complaining and then more laughter! *lol* Still, I'm enjoying her company a lot, and you NEED to spend time not studying as well! So there!! :)

I met Sara at the trains during the afternoon, as she was kind enough to lend me some books (also looks like I can borrow some books from the mentor on our course, hopefully the HUGE Grammar we're supposed to have that is very expensive, about 600:-, almost US$100!), and it was wonderful to see her. She's moved on to a more practical aspect of her education - which means she's no longer at the Department *sob*, but it sounds like she's enjoying a lot, and I'm really happy for her! There are talks going on about a dinner in a few weeks time, with me, Sara and Johanna - and hopefully I get to meet Sara's boyfriend Martin again (haven't seen him in ages, and his cat, Pixel, whom I've never met!!) ... something I'm really looking forward to - I hope we can pull it off.

Unfortunately I wasn't home until after 6 p.m. (and I left at 6.50 a.m.) and felt more dead than alive. Still, I had a lot of sentences to check up on ... I started waaay to late, but I just couldn't muster the energy to get going, which resulted in not finishing. Now I'm hoping that if I can fall asleep a few hours earlier than usual, maybe I can get up at 3.30 tomorrow instead, and finish the sentences before going to Uni ... *yawn* Or something ...

Okay, this turned out waaaay longer than I had intended *oops* Guess I should stumble towards my bed now!
Good night!

No comments: