Thursday 31 January 2008

Hectic Schedule!

I am certainly keeping busy these days, that's for sure! I have lectures more or less every day (it's like I get one weekday off every three or four weeks ... something like that), and for Hebrew there are lots of preparations for each lecture - we have to prepare sentences to read and translate and analyze the grammar - and then of course, LEARN all the grammar as well (lot of things to learn and know by heart). I do have taken this course before, but I'm quickly realizing I still need to put a lot of time and effort into it, in order to really learn it, and that was after all the general idea!
My other course, Old Testeament Bible Studies, are also quite intense. A lot of literature to go through, and some seminars and papers to do as well. I'm not sure quite how well I'm doing there, as there are no "check-ups" (as we get in Hebrew), but I'm really trying hard not to fall too much behind on that either ... the first exam (of Old Testament, then we're moving on to the New Testament) is already on 21 February, so it's not THAT far away either ...

What feels absolutely wonderful and yet surprises me a great deal, is how good I'm actually feeling! I'm constantly tired, and I have had some minor set-backs, but overall, I'm really enjoying myself!! This feels like it's happened more or less over-night, but I guess it has in fact been a slow process, that I'm now clearly seeing the results of. I'm really starting to find my place at the Department, I am getting to "know" people I study with (Fairly sure I have found a constant "study-date" for Hebrew, which is a girl I've never spoken to before!), I know some of the teachers around the Department, well enough for them to great me in the corridors (interestingly enough, I have had some run-ins with our current head-of-department earlier, so I'm even on "greeting-terms" with him *lol*) ... and I'm completely enjoying myself at the Department! The social thing is not yet 'perfect' in any way, I'm not the social butterfly and I don't find it that easy to initiate contact ... but I take every oportunity given to me, and sometimes I actually can initiate as well - and I'm liking it more and more by the minute. Also just being at lectures is great, I'm absorbing knowledge like a dried-up sponge, I feel like I just can't get enough, and that's amazing!!! To feel that engaged and interested in something, that previous only caused panic and anxiety and stress and pain ... I am in awe ...

Okay, this turned out to be way more serious than I had intended - sorry about that! :)
I know my posts have become a bit more scarce now, I am hoping I will be able to go back to writing every day, because I really like doing that - but sometimes my schedule are just so crazy and I'm so tired, I can't bring myself to sit down in front of the computer.

Well, I don't think I have that much else to report!! Still totally happy with my new Stargate-stuff ... although I've hardly had time to check out the dvds yet .... ;) Since I'm currently juggling three courses at the same time, I will not ever have completely caught up, but I still feel I need to take breaks on occasion, to keep my energy levels up.

Looking forward to the end of the week now ... tomorrow we only have Hebrew lectures, which are 8-10, so even if I have to get up really early, at least I'll have most of today left when lectures are over ... and then I have nothing "planned" until next lecture which is on Monday at 1 p.m.!! Yay!! Naturally I'll be studying pretty much all the time, but it feels good not having to go away somewhere, you loose a great deal of time just travelling (buses, trains, waiting etc) - and I also don't get quite so tired when I don't have to go away to Uni ... so I'm hoping to get quite a lot of work done this weekend! :)

Take care, guys!

---------------------------------------
My Life At The Moment!
Currently reading: The Bible ... yup, will be for a long time! :)
Currently watching: Documentary on J.K. Rowling
Currently listening to: Nothing
My Plans for tomorrow: Hebrew lecture, studies, cleaning the apartment

No comments: